Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Thought on Thursday: An Answer to Prayer

Answers to prayers come in various ways. With things a bit more hectic recently, I needed a few answers. This week an answer came to me while reading my scriptures, through a verse of scripture. It spoke to me so much that I pinned up a portion of it on my vision board so that I can see and think about it daily. So, for my thought today, I share with you this scripture, the answer to many of my prayers.

It can be found in the book of Doctrine and Covenants, Section 78, verse 18. It reads, "And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessing thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours."

The part that I pinned up on my vision board reads, "...be of good cheer, for I will lead you along...." It has now daily reminded me to find joy, even in the mundane and difficult parts of the day, and to be of good cheer, having hope and faith in my Savior, knowing that He has, and will continue to lead me along. Choosing to be happy and pray for the ability to do so, truly has made this week a lot better, even though other challenging circumstances have not changed. Want another challenge yourself? This week, seek to find happiness and be of good cheer! Added to showing gratitude, it's an amazing combination!

Cheers!
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment