Thursday, January 15, 2015

Who Am I: A Mission Statement

The last several months I have done a lot of reflecting; on life, goals, purpose, ambitions, dreams. I have read books, written in journals, created brain storm maps and really tried to pinpoint even more what I want in life; and what I want to bring to life. Essentially what it came down to, is that I really want to live a more deliberate life. From there the name of my blog came to be.

Blogs definitely aren't new, but there is much to blogging that is new to me. Therefore, blogging in and of itself will be a grand adventure! I could just write another journal to record my experiences, but I wanted a way to both record and share with others. This, added to my other ambitions, goals and plans, will also allow for the increased opportunity to be stretched outside of my comfort zones. 

As a brief introduction of myself, I've drafted an ever evolving mission statement, so without further ado, my  mission statement:

 I am a woman of faith, direction, and purpose. I stand for truth at all times, in all things, and in all places. I live and strive for faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity, virtue, and charity. I value traditional family values, and the privilege I have to be a wife and mother. I teach my children correct principles daily; including faith, obedience, sacrifice, and charity. I support Andrew (my husband) in his responsibilities. My life is deliberate and meaningful.
Our home is a place the Spirit abides. It is a refuge from the world for all who enter. It is found presentable most of the time and lived in all of the time. Love is always found there.
I am a good neighbor and citizen. I find ways to benefit my fellow men daily. I am involved in local and civic affairs. I live by the belief that every individual has something beneficial to contribute, and seek to help them achieve their full potential. While I am a friend to all, I have the courage and strength to say and do what I know is right, even if I stand alone. I am a teacher and an influence for good upon those with whom I associate.
I seek counsel, direction, and advice from my Heavenly Father and move forward with faith. My testimony of my Savior grows daily. I listen to and follow the counsel of our living Prophet. I willingly pay tithes and offerings. Temple attendance is an important part of my life. I value and honor the Sabbath day. Health is important to me. I plan and prepare healthy meals. I observe the Word of Wisdom, get adequate rest, and exercise regularly.
When mistakes are made, I repent quickly and forgive often. I grow and learn from opposition and adversity, and by doing so, develop great wisdom, understanding, and insight. I seek daily to make life pleasant and beautiful. I appreciate my life.
I value education and put action into growing physically/economically, mentally, socially/emotionally, spiritually, and creatively. I seek out the best mentors and learn from others. I value both time and money and what I can do with each. I budget both time and money according to my values and goals. By doing so, I do good in grand measure.  

Do you have a mission statement? If not, I challenge you to take time to think about what is most important to you and create one! One of the greatest things we can do for ourselves in living a more deliberate life is to know what is most important to us.

Deliberate Living!
~Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment