Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Thought on Thursday: Simplicity and Love

Thinking the past while about my goals, I want a word or two that encompass the overall intentions I had when I first forged my goals. I wanted words that encourage mentally reviewing and renewing the goals that I have made. Words that quickly ignite intention and meaning; those words are Simplicity and Love.

I'm not going to go into detail now about what my specific goals are, but I firmly believe that in order to live deliberately, you must have a firm understanding of the difference between a want and a need. When we fill our lives with too much, be it with items in our homes, over-extending our time, or budget, something else is suffering. Thus my word Simplicity. I want the peace that comes from simplifying the items in my home.....everything has a place, contained withing a space......knowing what will be of most value for my time, energy, and resources. Maximizing what is truly needed and meaningful in life.

My second word is Love. There is a lot of perspective that comes into someone's life when you raise a child with special needs, and you watch her pass away......and then that opportunity comes into your life again. If you allow it to, you learn a lot about what it really means to love, but sometimes it gets a little difficult not to be bitter. (Yep, another thought for another Thursday). Not to overlook the great and important role of being a parent to any child. My goal, one of them anyway, is to watch where and how I choose to focus the love that I am giving, especially when I'm feeling just plain worn down and tired.

I, also, want to reach outside myself to show love. A wise woman once said something to me in a conversation we were having that has stuck with me since. No matter who you meet, we all have our individual problems and concerns. "We all walk a little wounded," she said. There is always a kind word that can be said, a service done, a note left. I want to be that person that intentionally blesses the lives of others, that remembers important dates, such as birthdays and various kinds of anniversaries. I'm seeking not just love, but charity. For what hath a man if he hath not charity?

Just a Thought
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment